Friday, June 27, 2014

Intro

Hey guys! What's up. My name is Lindsey, I'm a 30ish year old. I am a wife, mom, FT employee, daughter, sister, etc etc.

You get the picture.

 I'm busy, I have a lot on my plate.

I'm also trying to get healthy, and STAY healthy! I'm hoping to use this to be accountable - just need to actually gain followers first! HA.

I have been overweight for most of my life, nothing extreme, but enough to be noticeable, to be the "big girl" among friends, and to have issues while shopping for clothes.

When my husband and I decided to start a family, I weighed 260 lbs. I knew there was NO way I could handle seeing 300 lbs on the scale, and that there was a good chance I'd hit that with pregnancy weight.

So.. I put my head down, focused, worked my ass off, and lost 50 lbs. Still not "thin", but in pretty great shape. I kept my weight in check during pregnancy - gained about 20-25 lbs, and was able to get down to pregnancy weight within a couple of weeks.

When my daughter (almost 4 years now) was an infant, working out was no problem. Sure, I was tired, but damn, I could sit her down, and she'd stay where I put her! By the time she hit 7 months? Not a chance in hell that that kid was sitting still. Kill me. So, I started working out during my lunch hour at a gym. I'm a sweater when I work out, big time. But I got it done. I got down to 195lbs, and was really happy with that.

Now, I weight about 240, I slacked off, I got extremely lazy with both working out and eating the right things, and here I am. Pissed at myself, and trying to get myself back on track. That shit is hard. I want to eat pizza, and burgers, and fries.

And cookies.

And cake.

And chips.

I digress. I need focus, I need motivation, and I need accountability!

I'm going to try and "recruit" some readers... so it's not just me saying these things.

Be back tomorrow.. I'm expecting a new workout program in the mail.. PIYO for the win!

Later Gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment